Delaware Gov Russel Peterson (R: Environmentalist).
Surely, the man is spinning in his tomb.
- Climate crisis: 11,000 scientists warn of ‘untold suffering’ (Guardian)
- Human civilization faces "existential risk" by 2050 (CBS News)
- 'Existential' Risk of Climate Crisis Could Lead to Civilizational Collapse by 2050, Warns Report
- Earth's sixth mass extinction event under way, scientists warn (Guardian)
- Extinction is a national threat. Congress must act now: Delaware Voice (Delaware On-Line)
The only thing more shocking is that Senator Townsend has a 2nd child on the way. With the science more clear than ever, what kind of future does he wish upon them? He had a golden opportunity to make a huge difference right at home -- for a bargain -- and leave a legacy not only for himself, but for his kids and everyone in his District 11. He could have been a champion for those who fought for several years to save the Orphanage Property's fields, forests and wetlands for a regional park. He could have made a bold statement about saving biodiversity while building a quality of life for Ogletown residents. BUT, profits and paybacks to his campaign donors were more important to him, so these hopes never even stood a chance at happening. Because of that, this webpage will serve as a reminder to future generations just who was responsible for their demise, first and foremost, the highest ranking and most influential legislator of them all: Bryan Townsend (D) District 11.